Monday 11 June 2012

Where have you been all my life?

June 11.

This was a strange day; until then I had only ever spoken to three "Craik"s in my life - my sister, my father and my grandfather. Today I met a cousin and her granddaughter and later in the day I got to speak to two other cousins who lived just over the Tay and probably could have been seen from the Premier Inn where I was staying.

It must be a little like an adopted child finding its parents. Suddenly I've found about fifty relations - that's a lot of Christmas cards to write!

Having lunched on Haggis at the Fisherman's Tavern we spent a couple of hours going round the RRS Discovery.



http://www.rrsdiscovery.com/index.php?pageID=54







Why, oh why couldn't they have restored the Cutty Sark in the same way?






No comments:

Post a Comment