Sunday 3 June 2012

Dunkeld, journey's end

June 3. Another lovely drive along the A7 and then crossing the Forth bridge and on to Perth, where we got lost for the first (but not the last) time and then on to Dunkeld.


Notice the Police pacifier of the Black Watch tartan on the driver's hood hoop just in case we got stopped for speeding...I thought I was fairly safe with that tartan and it was worn by one of my ancestors.

By the time we got to Dunkeld we were too early to check in to the hotel so we went into the village and I had a pint and a Haggis Pannini...what else could I do?! Once we'd checked in we went to the AC lounge to watch the Thames Diamond Jubilee procession...sorry to rub it in but whilst you were getting drowned in the south we were basking in...well, not rain anyway, and it only rained once in those two weeks.

A view from the gardens of the Dunkeld Hilton.


And then it was time for dinner and the sounds of the lone piper on the balcony...and shivers down my spine.

No comments:

Post a Comment